Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Tell All.


What is your earliest memory of school, what did you love about the first week of school, who was your favorite teacher, subject, or playground game?

In kindergarten my older sister, who must have been in 4th grade, somehow got the job of walking me to school and dropping me off at my class--this very well could be my first memory all together. I am surprised at how much I remember about this day, I was wearing a maroon velvet jacket and I braced myself at the gate to the playground and would not budge. My poor sister didnt know what to do with her tantruming little sister and I can still remember feeling so upset and determined not to let go of that gate!
Eventually, I got over my fear of school and the following year I had the most amazing Teacher, Mrs. Skills. She was just so perfect, sweet and pretty. One time in class we were having a real Tea party. She knew that I was Mormon and didnt drink Tea  so she brought  kool-aid  just for me. I am pretty sure Kool-aid is way better than Tea anyway—especially for a 6 year-old!
When we moved from California to Utah I was in the 4th grade. That is when I was introduced to marbles. Since it snowed so much in Utah, for recess the children stayed inside and played marbles in the halls.  I dont think I had ever owned a marble before but suddenly I collected them and had bags of them. Each day we would compare our latest marbles and try to win or swap for cooler ones.
Next week I'll have Wade share for Tuesday Tell All.