Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday Tell All

What’s in a Name? How did you get your name or/ choose your children’s names.
I LOVE baby names, I think I should include it on my list of hobbies because I love it so much! I am always in search of the PERFECT name. Without boring you with all my current favorites I’ll tell you about my name and Wyatt’s and how they came about.
I am number 12 of 13 kids. My parents had started on the letter K with their firstborn and continued on with K for the next 3. For a normal family that would be the whole family all with K names. Well they kept it up and when number 5 came they moved down the alphabet and L was the logical next step. 3 L’s later they moved on to M and after 3 M’s they skipped to P. They knew I would be a P name but good P names are hard to come by. They were down to 2 choices: Penny or Paula and thankfully they chose Paula.  My middle name is Diane and was originally my older sister’s middle name. She had been named for two of my Mom’s sisters Margaret and Diane = Margaret Diane.  My Father didn’t believe girls should have middle names and when he was blessing her (LDS babies are given a name and a blessing in Church) he left out the Diane. Being the next daughter I inherited the name from my Aunt and kind of from my older sister as well.
Wade claims there is no story behind his name- I even checked with his Mom and he is right! However, his middle name was after his Dad, Kevin. I am so glad that Kevin, Wade and Wyatt have this link together.
Long before we were expecting we had our baby names picked out. I am a very sentimental person and knew that we would give our children family names.  I would think and talk about names constantly and Wade would humor me, after all we weren’t even pregnant. We knew that for a boy we would use Wade’s middle name, Kevin, after Wade and Grandpa Kevin.  I can still remember the moment when Wade suggested the name Wyatt. That was it! Wyatt Kevin would share initials with Daddy, Wade Kevin!.  We had the name, now we just needed the baby… but that’s a whole different Tuesday Tell All.